Friday, September 21, 2007

Quiet Time

Last Sunday in Sacrament meeting, we were having a really hard time keeping the kids quiet. We were doing the whole stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight thing the whole time. First Zak took Colby out. Then he took Ethan out. Then he took them both out. We were sitting in front of the whole row of elderly people (you know what I am talking about--every ward has this row), and I felt terrible that we were being so distracting. It was not just us, the Bishop even stood up and addressed all the primary children and told them to remember where they were and that they needed to be reverent. Anyway, by the end of the meeting, I was feeling embarrassed that my kids were acting out so much, and I was frustrated, and I was dreading the nursery drop off...I was doing anything but looking at the positive here, when one of the ladies behind me leaned forward and said, "How nice to have a husband who will take the children out!" That was not the type of comment I was expecting. It made me stop and realize how much I take that, and other things for granted. I have been thinking about it all week. My kids are energetic, which can be frustrating at church or the grocery store or anywhere else that I am trying to keep them somewhat quiet, but with that energy comes so much fun and personality! I would not change it for the world. Also, although parenting can be a lot of work, I have such a good partner to help me out. He is not one of those dads that sits back and watches as the mom takes care of everything. Zak is always right there helping with whatever needs to be done. So even when things get crazy at church, I guess I need to realize that I am blessed to have such fun boys (even with the rowdiness) and such a great husband. I love all of my boys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. We all NEED those reminders!!

Jen said...

So true Michelle! Boys are so wonderful and it is good that people can remind us of that (cause sometimes we need the reminder!!!). Thank goodness for good husbands who can teach our boys to good men. Thanks for the post, it made me feel proud of my little men!!!

Unknown said...

Zak.... don't let that go to your head! HAHA! JK! What a good guy. Sundays are always the worst day with kids getting of schedule and missing naps and lunch but it is good to know everyone has the same challanges! And yes.. it is very nice to have someone willing to help out!

Poulsen Family said...

Oh, don't worry, the bish was really just talking to me.

Love the new background by the way...is it from that same site we talked about?

Ashlee said...

Zak is sooo great with your boys! I noticed that when you were here in Vegas, he helps out alot! It's great to have a husband like that, huh! Elliot is so helpful with Gavin too! Ya know, Gavin is starting to get hard in Sacrament too, he likes to yell, and scream for fun and move all over the place, he is a busy body! It's a challenge! But we wouldn't change it for anything in the world!