We had a fun Labor Day weekend. Our friends, the Maddox's, came down for a few days, and it was so good to catch up with them. Of course, anytime one of Zak's high school friends comes to visit, we seem to always get a whole crowd together. We didn't really plan anything too exciting, but we had fun just hanging out.
On Monday morning, while Zak was in the shower and I was talking on the phone (with Kerri--so I guess I can blame this on her!) Colby decided to help us get the floor clean. He found the dish soap under the sink, opened the lid, and held it upside down as he walked around the kitchen...through the dining room...down the hall...back to the kitchen...into the dining room again.... It was such a mess! Soap everywhere! I thought, okay, we'll just wipe up most of it with paper towels and then mop the floor to get whatever is left. That did not work! As soon as I started mopping, the mop and the bucket both got full of soap suds, and I was just spreading the mess around. You've got to love concentrated dish soap!
Finally we decided the only option was to pull in Zak's tile cleaning equipment so we could rinse and vacuum up the soapy mess. I was so glad he was able to do that! I could have been mopping for hours! Anyway, thanks to Colby, I got my tile "professionally" cleaned, for the third time in a month!


4 comments:
what a nice little labor day present for you guys!
See...and you thought he was just a troublemaker. Sounds like he's quite the helper! Maybe he could spread bathroom cleaner around then Zak could clean the bathrooms...or could spray window cleaner around and Zak could clean the windows. Hmmm...for some reason I don't think that's a good idea after all.
Mom
oh goodness...what a mess! Once I used liquid dishsoap in the dishwasher and it was such a mess to clean up. Good thing for all Zac's fun work machines!
Wow. What a patient mommy you are. Congrats on making it through yet another disaster.
Post a Comment