Colby will be officially part of nursery next Sunday. (Yea!!) Yesterday, I decided to try to get him used to the idea. I took him in there, and was planning on staying with him since he is not so fond of strangers. But as soon as the leaders saw him, they took him, distracted him, and waved me out of the room. I kept checking on him over the next few minutes through the little peep hole in the door (which is the best idea ever!), and he was just sitting there contently. I thought I was home free, so I went to Sunday School. I was even brave enough to pull out my scriptures and everything since I thought I would be in there for the whole class. Boy, was I wrong. After about 10 minutes I hear some screaming coming from down the hall. I went out there and found one of the nursery leaders holding Colby, who is bright red, and coughing because he has been crying so hard. (Why they didn't come get me I don't know.) Anyway, I had to sit with him for the lesson and coloring time. I didn't get to listen to my Sunday School lesson, but at least I got to learn where some different animals live and why we are thankful for our homes. Once the toys came out, Colby got distracted once again and I was able to sneak out to go to RS. Poor kid! Church is always hard enough for him because it is right during nap time, but now I try to abandon him in nursery! Hopefully he will get more comfortable with it and the transition won't be too hard! I would love to be able to listen to a real lesson for the first time in months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Evelynne will be there in December, I am soooo excited! But, I am also nervous to see how she does. She is leary of strangers as well!
That's always such a hard transition, I'm looking forward to that in about 10 months! Guess what, I DIDN'T cut my hair, that is so funny! That is my sister with the really short hair! We look alot alike!
Hey Michelle,
Will is coming up on Nursery also and it is not going well...any tips you find, send them over. I can't wait to have 2 hours without a baby to wrestle at church. Thanks heavens for patient nursery leaders.
Post a Comment