Okay, so my little sister Tammy once had this boyfriend that was, well, interesting. He did not last long, so we didn't get to know him very well. All I really know is he did not wear socks with his shoes (gross) and he liked to use the expression, "That's off the Chain!"
Now, blame my sheltered life or whatever, but I was never quite sure what he meant by that. (Just to clear up--I have heard the expression used around since then, but this was like 3 years ago, and it was not so common, at least not in my limited social circle). Anyway, I found this shirt on Old Navy clearance a few weeks ago, and thought of "Jim" (which was not really his name, but I could never remember his real name, so that is what he was known as in our family). So Tammy, this is for you...
I think it's a pretty cute shirt, but once again, I'm not sure what it's really supposed to mean. Is it saying he's cool, or he's not in trouble? I may never know....
Jim, are you out there? Can you clear this up?

2 comments:
Awesome!! I'm so glad there is a whole blog on here for me and Jim!
I found this in the Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com)
"Off the hook is actually a modernization of a series of slang words. Closely related to off the chain, there refering to something being so "fresh" and "new" that its literally right off the store shelf. (started in reference to clothes, the hangar being the hook)
Them shoes are off the hook dog."
Post a Comment