I was reading an article in the Ensign yesterday that I thought was worth sharing. It was Three Tools to Build a Sacred Home, from the July Ensign. I sometimes get frustrated with housework because it is so mundane. I do the same things everyday, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day! I feel like I am constantly putting away toys, cooking or cleaning up after a meal, or doing laundry. I like how the article pointed out, "Mundane activities can have a higher purpose and must not be disregarded; they give us opportunities to develop and practice character virtues and ethical behavior." I never looked at it in that way! Who ever thought that laundry could build character? I think it is true that doing these things, although repetitive and mundane, can affect much more than just the appearance of our homes. It shows not only that we love our family and want to have a comfortable place for them, but that we do think of our homes as a sacred place.
Here's one more great quote from the article, "Prove faithful in the little things, and the bigger things will be added on. Opportunities to learn and practice in the home are sacred; they are times to grow spiritually and draw closer to the Savior. This process of growth is a lifelong quest, and our home environment gives us repeated, sustained chances to practice becoming godlike individuals and families."
Anyway, I just wanted to share this for any of you out there who, like me, get a little tired of the never-ending tasks that come with being a wife, mother, and homemaker. (But don't expect my house to be perfectly clean--I think that is asking the impossible!)
Monday, August 13, 2007
Home Work
Posted by
Michelle Price
at
3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks for sharing-good points! I will have to read the article.
I need to post that on my fridge so I can read it over and over as I neglect the dishes!
Post a Comment