Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking good!

I really liked reading some of Ashlee's "Flashback Fridays" that she did awhile ago, so I had to do one of my own here.

This was the first day of school in 1986.

Don't we look good? There must have been a sale on do-it-yourself perms and pink pants. The weird thing is, looking at this picture I can even remember the smell of the perm solution! I wonder if I should go for this look again--when my hair is as wide as my shoulders I know I'll look good!

Can you tell which one is me?

I know you all have pictures of your bad perms. Let's see them!

21 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so funny! Isn't it great that we really thought we looked so cute back then? At least our moms told us all we were right?
Of course we all know which one is you - smack dab in the middle!
How are you feeling? Better yet?

Heidi Nielson said...

That is one of the greatest pictures!!! I love it! What were we ever thinking?!?!

Kirstin said...

AAH!! I love it! I totally have some perm pics, althought mine never got as curly as yours--you have the right hair type. Maybe you should go for it again! I mean the 80s are back, right? Hee.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I get a perm? Was I too young to go to school or what? I'm so sad that I can't say that I had hair as wide as my shoulders maybe someday.

Larissa said...

Maybe the perm helped with the eyebrow problem - the big hair kind of downplays my big brows.

Anonymous said...

...and yes you DID look cute...or at least you looked like you all fit in with the rest of the curly-headed kids! You say you can still smell it, I am still trying to get the smell out of my hands 20 years later!
Mom

Larissa said...

My favorite is Kerri's pioneer outfit. But I remember how excited I was to get to wear my peach koala bear shirt on the first day with my rolled up pants. "Yep, I'm cool. If you can't tell, let me turn sideways so you can see that my bangs go all the way to the back of my head."

Michelle Price said...

Zak cannot stop laughing at this picture. He was asking me why I would put this on for everyone to see. Little does he know I have some pretty good ones of him that might have to show up sometime.

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

Wyatt says, "Is that you? But that looks like a boy and a girl a little bit. That's crazy." I guess he didn't notice my lovely skirt. Too bad the picture is cut off, you can't see my white Keds.

Carrie said...

My exact reaction..."HOLY CRAP"! I almost peed my pants! I have one even better than that...I'll have to try and find it! When we going to Nico's again? You know you want to!

Sarah said...

I love it!! I'm so glad Janet put links to the Markland sister's blogs on her blog. I feel like I'm getting to know you guys better via blogging. So fun!

Jennifer Salmon said...

LOL! You are too much fun in that pic.

Write Your World said...

Oh my! I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing! What were we mothers thinking...you'll have to ask Carrie to see her perm pic. She's probably not brave enough to post it though. And what's up with the skirt outfit...I hope the 80's never come back!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the greatest pictures I have ever seen! You should FOR SURE bring back the look!

Nancy Mc said...

You were all 'in'. Very funny to see now, though. Is this one of those times that just because 'everyone is doing it', that maybe we should have rethought the whole perm idea?

Poulsen Family said...

OH MY GOSH!! LOVE IT!! Middle??

Amber said...

That is AWESOME!!! I wish I had one that good with all my friends lined up like that...too funny!!!

Cindy said...

I am laughing so hard! My first thought was....Poodles!! Oh the things our mothers did to us when we were young.

Ashlee said...

That is AWESOME!!! So funny! What was wit the perms, we all had them! Is that you in the middle! You should definently go for that look again, looks great!!! hee hee!!! I haven't looked at your blog for so long, I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations, when are you due??? That's exciting!

holley family said...

HillariouS!!! yes, with a capital S.( just kidding.. typing silly)
anyways, congrats on the third! i actually found going from 1 to 2 more of an adjustment than 2-3. its definately a jump though.

Emily said...

You all look fabulous. This is one of my absolute favorite posts ever!! I know that I have a few perm pics of growing up - I should search them out.