Monday, June 30, 2008

Keeping up with the cousins

My sister recently posted this on her blog. Her kids like to make "boats" where every toy they own has to be on the couch or bed or whatever. I laughed at how big of a mess they could make. My kids are pretty good at making messes, but they usually don't have to pull out EVERYTHING at once. That is, until today's project....

It started as a dinosaur's house. According to Ethan, "The little dinosaur was scared of the mean dinosaur, so he needed a house to keep him safe. The mean dinosaur kept trying to get him through the cracks, so I had to make the house bigger, bigger, BIGGER. And Colby helped, but not as much as me"

They managed to get everything out of the closet, including the shelves. Then they moved on to other things--like my diaper bag, and shoes, and the toy basket from the family room. Somewhere beneath all of this is one safe and happy little dinosaur.

I told the boys it looked great, but now they needed to clean up.

They both decided we need to wait until Daddy gets home to see it. They are so sure Zak is going to be proud of them and all their hard work.

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Good work, Ethan. And sounds like he's good at finding reasons not to clean it up, too. Besides, the dinosaur might need a good house tomorrow. Or he might want to move to a new house.

Unknown said...

oh boy! I hope they really do clean up or you are going to have a fun night! I know I am the only "cleaner upper" over here! HAHA!

Anonymous said...

I remember those days!!! A big mess but it does keep them busy for hours. When will you convince Kerri that she needs to do a blog too? I love seeing the pictures of all the kids.

Amber said...

That is hilarious! But not when it is your house. My kids make messes like that all the time. I am glad to know its not just mine =) that make such messes.

holley family said...

looks like the things my kids love to do! so what did zak say

Kirstin said...

Wow, your boys are incredibly inventive! These are the days to remember, huh? Well, we are moving to AZ sometime in the next month. We got a house in Queen Creek (AMAZING DEAL!!) so we'll at least be 600 miles closer to ya. ;) Let's get together!