Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Patients and Patience

This week we have been dealing with two sick kids. Colby just got over some sort of stomach flu, and Ethan is still dealing with croup. Since they have both been feeling sick, and have been contagious, we have spent the last 4 days couped up in our house. No church, no preschool, no playdates. You find out really quickly how much patience you have when you have two kids that are sick, bored, and wanting attention at all times, especially when one of those kids has not yet learned how to tell you what he wants. Colby is at the tough stage of toddlerhood when he knows what he wants, but he does not yet know how to tell me. Needless to say, it is not so fun for him, or for me. Anyway, I found that I do not have enough of this much needed patience! Hopefully they will be feeling better soon, and we can all get back to the normal routine.

6 comments:

Wes Dyer said...

I am sorry they are not feeling good =(. What a bummer. I know how it is to wish and pray for more patience. Good luck. =)
Amber

KMitchell said...

I hear ya!!! We are going on week two of snotty noses and coughs- yuck! If you find some extra patience I'll take some:)

Anonymous said...

I love the new look. I guess you all In Arizona need fall colors in any way you can get them.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon and that you don't get it!

Anonymous said...

I stopped by...and I hope they're better soon! Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

oh man... that does not sound like fun. It is so hard having sick kids and I only have 1! hang in there!!!

The McCall Family said...

I am so sorry everyone is sick and I hope we didn't give it to them. Just a warning, don't ask for patience or you will get twins or something! HAHA