Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanks kids...

As we were driving yesterday, the boys were talking back and forth to each other. Colby kept looking out the window and talking about what he was going to eat--"I'm going to eat the Christmas lights. I'm going to eat that tree. I'm going to eat that cactus." Ethan kept responding with things like, "No, that would break your teeth. No, that would taste disgusting. No, that would poke your mouth." The conversation stopped being so cute when I heard, "I'm going to eat that house" and Ethan's response, "No, then your tummy would be as big as Mommy's." Thanks boys.

12 comments:

Amber said...

That's okay! My kids give me lovely compliments like that all the time. And just today at preschool one of the kids asked me "is there a baby in your fat tummy?" Yes, there is. LOL!

Heidi Nielson said...

Kids are great! The other day one of my friends little girls looked at me and said, "You must have another Kate in your tummy because it's getting big!"

Larissa said...

So you're as big as a house, huh? That's good that Ethan can reason with him and keep him from poking his mouth or anything.

Spencer and Audrey said...

Too funny! At least your kids say it in the confines of a car. My girls tend to blurt those things out in the middle of the store at the top of their lungs!

Kristi said...

That is so funny! Kids.... Russ told me the other day that I needed to start exersising again because my belly is so fat...:) I reminded him that there is a baby in there but he was not convinced...

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

They crack me up!

Sara Cotter said...

LOL, that's the funniest I've heard in a long time. I hope your having a great Christmas.

Tim and Mandi said...

But it's big in an adorable way. We're both only about 6/7 weeks away...pretty crazy. Tyler call's my tummy huge, but has recently compared it to Mary and Baby Jesus, so that makes me happy!

Emily said...

ha ha. Oh my. That's funny. I love it.

Misty said...

We love your kids! Can't wait to see you guys on New Years!!

Kirstin said...

What darling kids! You may be "as big as a house" but at least your nearly done! Only 42 days! Yahoo!! :) Are you all ready for her?

Cecily Markland said...

At least at their age they can get away with such comments! I can't believe you only have a little over a month to go...or less than a month if it's up to you, right?