Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ethan's 5--at least we thought

Ethan's birthday was last week. My big kid turned 5! Crazy! We had been talking about his birthday for weeks, and the night before, we told him he would wake up and be five. He came in VERY early the next morning, with such a sad look on his face. I asked him what was wrong, and he told me, in the most disappointed voice, that he was not five. He must still be four because he was not bigger and he had not lost any teeth yet. Poor kid. We had to sit him down and talk to him to convince him that he was really five, and he really did get to have a birthday.
I tried to have Ethan redo his sad face for everyone to see, but this was as sad as I could get him to look.
Happy Birthday Ethan! We sure love you! And I'm okay with you not being too much bigger yet!


His big present this year:

We have been looking for bunk beds for the boys for awhile, and we found this one on Craig's List. The kids love it!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Those really are some cool bunk beds! How did school go yesterday? I bet he was exhausted when he got home! Thanks for Target yesterday...I don't think we spent TOO much $$$$!

Anonymous said...

great beds! We have been searching for bunk beds on craigslist here for months and have not found anything that nice! Way to go!!

Amber said...

That is hilarious!! What a funny boy!

Larissa said...

Those are the coolest bunk beds I've ever seen. Do you think you could use them as a pattern to build some like that for us? Maybe if we put Jackson up on the top bunk he would stop coming out of his room every 5 seconds. Or maybe we should "rock him to sleep" like Dad likes to say.

Poulsen Family said...

Nice find!!