Colby started preschool in August. The first time was a little rough since he is so shy, but since then he has been loving it! He gets to do all kinds of fun things there that I never let him do at home, like painting, play-dough, and tracing in a pile of shaving cream. Ms. Robyn is so great. Colby is always so proud of the projects he brings home. He is a total perfectionist, so he takes his time with his coloring and everything. Sometimes when I go to pick him up the other kids are playing, and he is still sitting at the table, carefully finishing his work.
There is one little girl in his class that is just so cute. Always so nice and polite. Her mom told me that she likes Colby and keeps talking about him all the time. We had talked about getting them together for a play date sometime. Later I was asking Colby about her.
Me: Colby, are you friends with Allie?
C: Yeah.
Me: Do you play with her a lot?
C: Sometimes.
Me: She says you're her best friend.
C: ((little grin))
Me: She's really nice, right?
C: Yeah, well....well....um....sometimes....she scribbles.
Sorry Allie, this kid has standards. You're going to have to clean up your act if you want to impress him.

3 comments:
That's awesome. Maybe you'll have to tell her mom, "sorry, she's not good enough for him."
I wonder if he just looks on with disgust while she tries to do her art.
Good for him! lol That is an adorable story! You have got yourself a studious little man there. Sometimes I wish I was back in preschool. Those were the good ole day huh?
HAHA!!! Keep those standards high, bud! You'll go far!
Post a Comment