Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or Treat...or not

Our neighborhood is a great one for trick-or-treating. There are lots of houses that go all out with the decorations which makes it really fun. There is even one that puts on a haunted house in their garage every year, which apparently is even too scary for some adults (Carrie). This is the second year we have had friends and family come join us to trick-or-treat around our neighborhood, and this is the second year I have had to miss out on the fun because one little man doesn't like the idea of costumes or trick-or-treating or anything to do with Halloween!

Here is Ethan. This guy LOVES Halloween. He talks about it all year, and he was so excited when it was finally time to go trick-or-treat. He wanted to be a football player this year, and since we had everything already, that was easy!


Colby wanted to be Thomas the Train. He was so excited whenever we talked about it, but when it came down to actually putting the costume on, he was not so happy. This is in front of our house, before we even started, and he was already crying.

Then here he is, begging me to take him back inside. How can I resist those eyes?


I thought we could at least have fun handing out candy together, but he was afraid of the first group of kids that came by, so he didn't want to have anything to do with that either. He ended up watching a movie in the back room while I gave out the candy by myself!

Maybe next year...

6 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, poor boy! I agree with him Halloween can be a very scary day for little kids. He's better off without all that candy anyway =).

Nancy Mc said...

Halloween can be a scary thing. Cute Costumes though! Too bad no candy for you to go through and pick out your fav's. That's always what I made my kids and now still make my grandkids do.

Cecily Markland said...

I only had about six kids come to my house. Colby could have come to my house and we could have watched movies together!

Larissa said...

Maybe next year you should just make him face his fears and take him through that haunted house. How are you going to get lots of candy to steal from him if he won't go out and work for it? They both look cute in their costumes!

Jana said...

Colby's little face is priceless! I hope you had a fun Halloween even though you didn't get to go Trick or Treating.
Thanks for your sweet comment about Primary. I'll sure miss working with you. And you know you are going to miss those late meetings, Michelle! :)

Sara Cotter said...

Colby looked cute in his costume anyways. Happy Halloween.