Last week I decided it was time to do some serious potty training with Colby. We have been trying to talk him into it for months, but he never seemed interested. It was a long process getting Ethan potty trained, so I was not looking forward to going through it again, but I thought having Colby trained sometime in his life was a good idea. Zak and I got ourselves all pumped up, and were ready to go. We decided to just go cold turkey--no more diapers, no pull-ups, no turning back. We figured we would be cleaning up a lot of messes, and be stuck at the house for about a week, but we had to just do it.
On Tuesday, I got rid of the few diapers we had left, so when Colby wanted a diaper change later, I took him in there and showed him they we gone. He was a little confused, and then he actually told me he should probably just wear underwear. We put some on him, and told him he needed to use the potty so he could keep his pants dry, and then we sat back and waited for the inevitible accidents to happen as he got the hang of it. Or not. Colby was a champ! He has been clean and dry, day and night, since! He got the hang of it so quick, and he is excited to be a "big boy". We're so proud of him, and so glad it was an easy process this time! And Zak is really glad he does not have to clean any pee out of the carpet.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
A story only a mother could like...
Posted by
Michelle Price
at
9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What?! That was it? Doesn't he know he's supposed to pee all over the place for a few days, and then poop in his underwear at the park and stuff like that?
Good job Colby. Maybe you should just potty train Sadie now, too.
Yay for being potty trained. He did an awesome job. Make me think I just should have waiting with Tyler and saved myself some grief...oh well at least it's over with!
Way to go Colby!
That is amazing!!! What a wonderful and happy day to only be buying diapers for one! I look forward to that moment in my life =). You are awesome Colby!
Hooray! It was similar with the twins. I waited until they asked for panties and we have had very few accidents.
SWEET! That is so great...yeah for Colby!
I'm glad Zak doesn't have to clean the pee out of your carpet, but can he please come and clean it out of mine? Cooper is not doing quite as well as Colby, even though he has technically been potty trained for a while. Now he comes up to me holding himself, says he has to pee, and then pees right there. Argh! Congrats to Colby! You are such a big boy!
Post a Comment